Having a Harley is something many people only dream about, so when you have one yourself, you will do everything you can to keep your bike in perfect condition. Whether you have one of the many 2018 Harley Davidson Street motorcycles, ride a Fatboy, or have a Low Rider, taking good care of your bike is something you must do. This is to ensure that your ride stays in tiptop condition for as long as you have it.
Taking care of 2018 Harley Davidson Street motorcycles, or any other motorcycle for that matter is easy as long as you know what to do. Here are 6 things you should do to take good care of your Harley:
- Know your motorcycle by reading the manual – A lot of people don’t know much about their motorcycles because they fail to read the manual. It’s like getting a job you know nothing about and winging it as you go along. This can end disastrously and will result in many mistakes along the way. Therefore, you can avoid any serious damage to it by knowing more about your bike. You can begin by reading the manual and supplement it with more information you can find online.
- Don’t forget to break in your bike the right way – Whether you have a two-wheel or own one of the 2018 Harley Davidson trike motorcycles in the line, you should always remember to break it in before trying to see what your ride can actually do. The instructions on how to break in your bike are in your manual, so following tip number one will help you do this.
- Check all the fluids of your bike regularly – 2018 Harley Davidson Street motorcycles and other bikes from the brand run with the help of many different kinds of fluids. These include motorcycle oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and gas. Keep the levels of your bike’s fluids at optimal levels to ensure that your ride does not suffer any damage due to inadequate fluid levels. Take a look at Gasoline Alley
- Your air filters require attention – Another part of motorcycles that tend to cause problems is the air filter. If you neglect it, it can clog, or worse, allow dirt to enter your engine. Moreover, how often you change your filters is dependent on where you ride your bike on the bike rides Brisbane riders clubs take you to. How often these trips find you in dusty and dirty environments has a bearing on how frequently your filters need changing. Now, the safest thing to do when you are unsure is to check your manual for the right time to change your bike’s air filters.
- Battery maintenance is also a must – Most batteries can work effectively for 2 years; however, sometimes, when you don’t check them regularly, their usability may fall short of the 2-year mark. Therefore, have your batteries checked every time you have your bike’s scheduled maintenance at your Harley service centre. Keep an eye out for problems like leaks, loss of fluid, and other battery problems.
- Keep your bike clean at all times – This probably goes without saying since almost all, if not all, Harley bike owners take really good care of how their bikes look. Just make sure that when you clean your bike, you use cleaning agents and materials that won’t scratch, dull, or damage the finish on your motorcycle.
Aside from these tips, you can also ask other enthusiasts like yourself for advice on how to properly maintain your Harley Davidson. You can meet up with fellow riders and talk to them about your bike before going on a ride by finding out where these riders meet. Search for rides and meetups by typing “places for bike ride near me” on any search engine and add the word Harley at the end to find the right group to join.
For more maintenance tips and tricks, and to get the lowdown on new models of this bike, you should consider visiting Gasoline Alley Australia. They have the experts you can ask about your bike and they can help you when you need it. They can even hook you up with other bike enthusiasts, so you can further appreciate and enjoy your motorcycle.